Jeweler gives soldier free ring, environmental groups take De Beers to court, and other stories on the industry’s radar this week:
– Rio Tinto calls diamonds a “priority area.” The New York Times interviews new De Beers CEO.
– Media Watch: Articles on lab-grown diamonds on CCTV America, NPR, and in the Omaha World-Herald. Bloomberg on the industry and India. Racked on buying jewelry online.
– Jeweler thanks soldier with free engagement ring.
– Lebanese bride covers herself in diamonds.
– Environmental groups take De Beers to court over mercury. Cameroon is a laundering point for conflict diamonds.
News Source : jckonline.com