- 1790+ exhibitors showcasing their exquisite gem & jewellery, spanning over an area of 74497+ sq mtrs of exhibition area
- The show has 37000 pre-registered visitors including 1200 international buyers
- “IIJS Premiere 2022 is now listed under the MSME scheme
GJEPC, the apex body of the gem & jewellery trade in India, kick started its flagship show IIJS premiere 2022 today. The show was inaugurated by Ms. Hema Malini, Member of Parliament along with Colin Shah, Chairman, GJEPC; Vipul Shah, Vice Chairman, GJEPC; Shailesh Sangani, Convener, National Exhibitions, GJEPC; and Sabyasachi Ray, Executive Director, GJEPC amongst others. The show is being held from 4th to 8th August at Bombay Exhibition Centre, Mumbai.
In terms of the number of exhibitors and visitors, IIJS is touted as one of the largest shows in the world with more than 1790 exhibitors showcasing their exquisite gems & jewellery and spread over 74497+ square metres of exhibition area. The show has more than 37000 pre-registered trade visitors, including 1200 international visitors from 885+ cities in India and 80+ countries.
Different product sections of the show include Gold & Gold CZ Studded Jewellery; Diamond, Gemstone & Other Studded Jewellery; Loose stones, CVD; Silver Jewellery, Artefacts & Gifting Items; Laboratories & Education; and Machinery & Allied.
Smt Hema Malini, Hon’ble Member of the Parliament, Lok Sabha expressed her devotion to Goddess Lakshmi and said, “I am really honoured to inaugurate India International Jewellery Show (IIJS), the 2nd largest gem and jewellery show in the world. I am so amazed to see different and unique jewels at this exhibition. Every booth has something different to offer. I feel that 4 days are too less to make it through this exhibition. The diamond industry is really excelling at their level, and it is the most cherished industry, especially by Women. With initiatives like this, you as an industry are contributing immensely to the economy, and this will provide impetus to our Prime Minister’s goal to achieve Aatmanirbhar Bharat.”
Colin Shah, Chairman, GJEPC said, “IIJS Premiere continues to set higher benchmarks with each passing year. The show has become the driving force that has sustained India’s leadership position in the global gem and jewellery industry. The initiatives like IIJS coupled with IJEX in Dubai and International Gem & Jewellery show in Dubai later this year, will give the required impetus to achieve USD 45.7 billion G&J export target set by the Govt. for our industry.”
“IIJS Premiere 2022 is now listed under the MSME scheme. So, MSME exhibitors can now apply for a grant against their participation at the show,” Shah added.
Vipul Shah, Vice Chairman, GJEPC said, “IIJS Premiere, which is counted amongst the top five trade shows in the world, continues to set higher benchmarks with each passing year. It has become the driving force that has sustained India’s leadership position in the global gem and jewellery industry. Visitors can expect to see fresh designs that excel in quality and craftsmanship and are priced competitively to suit every market segment.”
Shailesh Sangani, Convener, National Exhibitions, GJEPC said, “The Council has taken all efforts to offer you a comprehensive platform to source gems and jewellery across all categories. The show is bigger with an addition of 400 new exhibitors as well as upgraded facilities. It is our commitment to support the industry in every possible way and we have a good mix of domestic and international buyers to deliver effective results and promote India’s manufacturing and designing skills across the globe.”
Salient Features of IIJS Premiere 2022:
• Online Visitor Registration via GJEPC Website & GJEPC Mobile App.
• Enhanced Facial Recognition technique to capture selfies & upload the latest photo for badge registration.
• Digital verification of documents without upload.
• Introducing self-printing of visitor badges (Visitors can now print their badge which is A4 Size before visiting the show just like a boarding pass).
• Self-badge printing through kiosk at venue.
• Complimentary car parking facility for visitors on first-come-first-serve basis.
• Accommodation available at five-star Hotels at Best Rates.
• To-and-fro shuttle services from official hotels.